The last thing you want is for your business to get decimated by a hurricane. If your company is located in the potential path of a severe storm, you need to take some actions to protect your property, yourself, and your employees. Follow these hurricane preparedness tips.
Hurricane Preparedness Tips
- Check your local forecast: Simply checking your weather app or watching TV weather stations every morning can help.
- Get an emergency weather alert system: Earth Networks provides severe weather alerts, storm tracking, and 24/7 support to keep your business safe.
- Prepare your employees: Make sure your employees update their emergency contacts so they can get in touch with loved ones in a weather emergency.
- Protect your records: You may want to secure physical records or make copies and transport them to a safe place offsite.
- Backup your data: If your computers or hard drives get destroyed, you may lose valuable company information. Consider getting a company server or keeping hard drives offsite.
- Practice your emergency response: If you haven’t already, you should create and implement a response plan to ensure everyone at your company knows what to do in an emergency.
- Create a continuity plan: Come up with a strategy for how your company will operate if a natural disaster occurs. This plan should include how you will communicate with customers, stay in touch with suppliers, and how to fulfill any contracts or orders.
- Prepare a recovery strategy: Figure out how you’ll resolve safety hazards, make repairs, and restore production.
Your business deserves nothing but the best. If your business is prone to severe weather events, you should invest in a weather tracking system. Earth Networks operates the biggest weather network in the world, powered by thousands of sensors to deliver detailed analyses to you. If you want to be updated on the most current conditions so you’re never caught by surprise, find out how Earth Networks can help.