An explosion in your bathtub might not sound like a good idea at first glance, but it is a great idea if you can reap an explosion of health and beauty benefits from it. Bathroom bombs can create such an explosion, but the ones you buy might have some harmful dies or additives which neutralize some of those benefits.
Knowing how to make bath bombs which can help to improve your health and beauty without doing harm is essential. Here is how you do it.
What You Need
Before you can make bath bombs, there are a few items and tools you will need in order to carry out the bath bomb recipes and instructions below.
Tools you need:
- Large bowl. The bowl will need to accommodate at least 24 oz. of dry ingredients.
- Whisk. The one from your kitchen will work fine.
- Small jar or bowl to store the finished bombs.
- 12-18 silicone molds. Decorative ice cube trays or cupcake molds. The fish mold from Bored Panda is a great idea.
Once you have gathered these tools together, you can get to work.
Bath Bomb Recipe with Epsom Salt
Let’s make our bath bomb recipe with Epsom salt making use of the following ingredients:
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup each of Epsom salt, corn starch, citric acid
- 2 ½ Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 30 drops of Essential oil; floral, citrus or spicy oils work great
- 4 to 6 drops of Non-toxic food coloring
What You Do
Here is what you do to make the bath bombs:
- Mix together the baking soda, Epsom salt, corn starch and citric acid using the whisk to make sure there are no clumps.
- One teaspoon at a time, mix in the coconut oil and water, blending until smooth.
- Drop in the essential oil and coloring to suit your preference and then blend them into the mixture thoroughly.
- Immediately press the moist mixture into the molds. If it gets dry it won’t work well, so do it quickly.
- Allow the molds to set up for at least 24 hours before popping them out of the trays.
- Enjoy your new bath bombs.
Following the bath bomb recipes and instructions we have provided above will help you to create bath bombs, which are not only beneficial to your health and beauty, but are also free of toxins from additives and dies found in commercially produced bath bombs. Get your feet wet and make a batch of bath bombs using our bath bomb recipe with Epsom salt today. Make sure to add your own recipes or any questions in the section below.