It’s the time of the year when everyone starts thinking about what Challenges they want to participate in. This year, there are a couple of challenges I really want to do. Right now, I’ve decided to do three different. Here they are!
First, of course, The 2012 Debut Author Challenge hosted by Kristi from the Story Siren. It is kind of the biggest one around. The goal is to read at least 12 young-adult or middle-grade debut. There are so many debuts I’m excited about that I couldn’t really resist.
- Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic
- The Catastrophic History of You an Me by Jess Rothenberg
- Someone Else’s Life by Katie Dale
- Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay
- Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
- Illuminate by Aimee Agresti
- Slide by Jill Hathaway
- Cracked by K.M. Waltson
- Fracture by Megan Miranda
- The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges
- The Tempest by Julie Cross
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer.
Now, that’s only twelve, but there are more that I want to read. There are also a couple of debut novel I’ve already read, or that I will read before the end of 2011 that I haven’t put in the list.
I’ve discovered so many authors because of DAC 2011. Now, many of these authors are releasing their second book in 2012, so I have to say I’m pretty excited about those too. That’s why I want to do this challenge.
- Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
- Truth by Julia Karr
- Until I Die by Amy Plum
- Perception by Kim Harrington
- Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
- Havoc by Jeff Sampson
- A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies
- Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel
Again, this is only a fraction of what I want to read.
The TBR Pile Reading Challenge
The goal is to read books release in 2011 or earlier. I have so many books to read that I think it’s a great challenge to push me to read what I have on my shelves.
My goal is to read between 21 and 30 (Sweet Kiss Level)
I can’t way what I’m going to read yet, as I don’t know what I’ll have time to read before the end of the year…
So these are the challenges I’m taking so far!
Are you guys planning to join any challenges?